PREAMBLE and STATEMENT OF FAITH
We, the members, of the Northfield-Tilton Congregational Church, reaffirm and rededicate our Faith, Freedom and Fellowship in the Congregational way.
- We are a community of believers in Jesus Christ whose rule is the Holy Bible.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
- We believe Jesus Christ was fully God and fully human, conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, that he lived a sinless life, died, rose again, and is alive forever. We accept Jesus Christ as the Head of this Church.
- We believe that Jesus brought eternal salvation for all who believe in him.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a godly life in this present world.
- We are not under the authority of any outside organization, but believe it is proper and beneficial to seek the fellowship and council of other local churches.
- We accept all people equally.
NAME OF ORGANIZATION
The name of this organization is Northfield-Tilton Congregational Church. It is located at 283 Main Street, Tilton, New Hampshire, 03276 and is a religious non-profit organization, recognized by the Corporate Division of the Secretary of State for New Hampshire, and organized under 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
PURPOSE OF ORGANIZATION
PURPOSE: The purpose of Northfield-Tilton Congregational Church is as follows:
SANCTUARY: To be a sanctuary, a place of peace, calm, security, love, and support; a refuge for anybody who wants to come; a place to be in touch with God, have spiritual needs met, and to grow spiritually.
COMMUNITY: To be a community meeting place for group, Spirit-filled worship, prayer, education, and fellowship. Church is people of all ages: inter-generational relationships and friendship, like an extended family, a place where people participate in church life, and a place that welcomes non-churchgoers.
EDUCATION: To receive guidance for a better life through application of the Holy Scriptures.
EVANGELISM and MISSIONS: To be a command center for helping others, practicing charity, and spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ throughout the world.